Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Marigold is not a rose but has many healing properties

The Marigold, it is not a rose with wonderful fragrance and yet, to me it is beautiful. The more I did research on it, I realize how important it is.

My involvement in wanting to know the natural ways to address health issues led me to realize that my body knew what is good for me. You are probably asking how or why?

Now I realize the processed food is not good for me, but I do love certain things more than a vegetable. I often wondered if there was only two items offered me to eat, what would I choose?  Hopefully, I would choose the healthier of the two. I still would think about the chocolate cake while I ate the carrot!

I love carrots, beets, lima beans and brussel sprouts to name a few. Everyone of them has something that would benefit what is going on with my health. Of course, the question: "Do I eat them on a daily basis?" and the honest answer would be "No".

The Marigold flower has long been used for medicinal purposes. Calendula has a high content of flavonoids, chemicals that act as anti-oxidants in the body. Anti-oxidants are thought to protect body cells from damage caused by a chemical process called oxidation. Oxidation produces oxygen free radicals, natural chemicals that may suppress immune function.

Marigold or more commonly called Calendula is sold as a cream and tea.

Calendula cream is good for acne and nappy rash.The tea infusion is good for digestion and relieves colitis.

Why not do your own research on this flower. You will be amazed at the other health benefits it has to offer. Just think one little flower like the Marigold has to offer: Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-infective, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant,  anti-septic, anti-spasmodic, anti-viral, and astringent.



www.theenergycenter.org

www.guruzilla.com

http://www.my90forlife.com/Healthherbsflowers

No comments:

Post a Comment